Sunday, December 16, 2012

Operation fuck kancer: An attempt to decompress

Trying to get back to normal, or figure out my "new normal" as the cancer warriors like to call it, is proving difficult.

I've been back at work full-time for the past few weeks. Which feels great. I enjoy my job, I love what I do, and as I've written many, many times, I work with an incredibly supportive team.

If working was all I had to do, it would be fine. But I'm a parent. And a wife. And I'm trying to fundraise for Bust a Move. And it's almost Christmas, with barely a dent made in my shopping list. You get the point.

I'm overwhelmed.

I know something has to give, but what? It won't be my family. And my family has to eat, so I have to work.

So I'm keeping this post short. I'm off to write the rest of my Christmas cards. Then I'm going to bed.

Just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive and kicking. And just trying to figure it all out.

3 comments:

  1. Chin up kiddo....you're a hero and role model to many, especially your little fella....

    Deep breaths, and remember, this is all temporary. The problems of today cannot last forever. They'll pass and be replaced. By other problems, sure, but those will pass as well...

    Enjoy your family and love 'em with all your heart...that's Christmas, right there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dave. You're totally right. Malcolm's Christmas concert was definitely a spirt-lifter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no normal.... new normal? Maybe .. but when you question , what can I do after kicking cacers as.... hmm isn't that huge ... HUGE triumph in itself... bask inn the glow.. stop worrying about what if.. those facts we all know.. Hug Malcom and George and enjoy being alive today!!!

    ReplyDelete