Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Determining the next step

I think I've figured out the reason I feel so out of sorts lately.

After getting through treatment for a deadly disease, I feel the need to do something great. But I can't figure out what that something should be.

Is this about advancing my career? Writing a book? Writing a screenplay for the movie/sitcom/next big thing my friends and I talk about?

Is it about letting go of some of this career stuff and refocusing who I am as a parent?

Is it about attaining the goal of running my first half-marathon? If so, what happens after that?

Or is it about doing something I haven't thought of yet, but which will seem like the obvious choice once I realize what that something is?

As much as I realize I have to figure this out for myself, part of me wants someone else to make the decision for me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so I guess I've been out of touch since bailing on Facebook... I didn't know you had been sick.

    Needless to say, I'm glad it's gone well so far, and hope very much that you get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim. Things are definitely better than in the summer. Just trying to keep on keeping on these days.

      Delete